Does your child or student benefit from repetition, or are they typically more successful when work activities look “fun”? Interactive books are just the thing you need!
An interactive book is a great way to teach and practice basic skills. These books feature 16 pre-academic and fine-motor tasks. Use interactive books to keep your children or students actively engaged in work through the use of a creative theme and a structured set of activities.
What types of activities come inside each interactive book?
- Number – count (1:1 Correspondence) for #1-6
- Listen – find the beginning sound for themed words
- Position – position items according to the preposition
- Spell – spell basic words that align with the theme
- Build – build a flat brick design using building blocks
- Match – match non-identical items
- Sort – sort by color, size, or category
- Sculpt – sculpt a themed design with playdough
- Write – write a themed word
- Answer – answer yes/no questions based on the theme
- Read – read a sentence and fill in the missing word
- Stack – stack 5 strips to make a completed scene
- Trace – trace a line from one item to another
- Create – create a scene by placing items anywhere on the page
- Pretend – pretend to engage in an action using the cutouts
- Color – color a themed item by number or letter
Is it easy to print and assemble?
These interactive books come as a digital download. Just print, cut and laminate. Stack the pages and bind them together using a book ring or two. Attach the repositionable pieces to the book pages using Velcro or poster tape. Poster tape allows this interactive book to function similar to a sticker book, without a having a Velcro dot indicating where to put each piece.
A few of the pages require additional materials such as playdough, building bricks, brick baseplates, and dry erase markers or crayons. A material bin can be assembled using items found around your home or in most classroom/therapeutic settings. I have included an Amazon link to the specific products that I used to assemble my interactive book accessory bin.
You can find the fall-themed sets in my store by clicking here. Additional sets will be posted in the coming months.
Check out this time-lapse video for an inside look into this resource!